Thanks for the tip about using veggie oil as bar oil, Hakan.  I'm gonna try
that.  I bet you could use coarsely filtered WVO.

Fungi Perfecti (http://www.fungi.com/) in Olympia, WA sells
spore-inoculated bar oil, one for softwoods and one for hardwoods.  Saves a
step when you're gonna grow culinary shrooms on logs.

- Gray

>Apart from running 2-stroke engines on mix of ethanol/veg oil, the chain
>saw is a different thing. For some decades now, I use veg oil for lubricating
>the saw blade. In Sweden, it is now a standard to do that and almost all
>do it. When you buy a chain saw they recommend it now. From a pollution
>point this is very important, since the blade lubrication goes directly to
>the surrounding earth.
>
>Hakan

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM