On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, kirk wrote:

> >Of course, the report now is that it was not uranium at all.
>
> LOL-- yes, once it was pointed out by many the story was BS the handlers
> revised it.
> What's the saying?
> "Let's run it up the flag pole and see if they salute it"
> Next justification will be "we have it on good authority he has suitcase
> nukes and we had best invade and remove them".

No, what it's saying is that the media can't report things properly,
and/or the officials in Turkey who initially reported it to the media
didn't know what they're talking about. Just take a look at some of the
initial reports that came out on 9/28,
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/09/28/turkey.uranium/index.html
(this is the one that I first read, and was why I wasn't thinking "weapons
grade uranium". It clearly says:
"Turkish officials said they did not know whether the uranium was refined
weapons-grade material or naturally occurring uranium, which would have to
be refined before it could be used in a weapon. However, they said they
did not believe the material posed a radiation danger."

Of course, most of the rest of the media ignored that and just started
claiming it was weapons grade uranium.

Or, the initial BBC report:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2286597.stm
Which initially said:
"At first officers announced gave the quantity as 15 kilograms (34.5
pounds) but later explained that this included the weight of a lead
container.", and gave the actual weight of the suspect material as 100
grams (of course, this report left out the statement by the Turkish
officials that they weren't sure yet if it was weapons grade or what). As
the story spread from newspaper to newspaper, TV, etc., the fact that the
initial weight given (15 kg) included the lead container, and the
statement by the Turkish officials that they didn't know if it was weapons
grade uranium or what, were left out.

The media not being smart enough to get things straight does not add up to
a conspiracy.

> I notice you didn't defend ANFO cutting pillars. Perhaps you know something
> about explosives and brisance.

I've never looked into the Oklahoma City bombing. It's entirely possible
that explosives were also put on the columns. What does that have to do
with the price of tea in China?
        I don't believe that JFK was killed by one gunmen. That doesn't
mean there aren't people trying to smuggle radioactive material to make
nuclear weapons to use in acts of terrorism.

> Invasion of pipelineistan soon. What a circus.

Go to Afghanistan and see what the average citizen there thinks of the US.

Despite the anti-US propaganda, Afghanis like us, because we have helped
them far more than all those who claim that the US is a bully for what we
have done there.

Mike

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM