I think the developing world would be better off to MINIMIZE its use of
cars and avoid the carnage and cost here. I read a UN article on India ca.
1990 which called it "a nation of villages". If they could perfect the
village as a habitat and then perfect inter-village transportation other
than by cars as we know them, they would have a better society.

POC

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Daniel Hale wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to this list and to biodiesel in general--I read about biodiesel
> in last week's Seattle Times, where Mike Pelly and his amazing gizmo was
> profiled.  I always liked diesels, especially the new ones, but
> biodiesel is great, much better, more liberating than any alternative
> fuel I've heard of.
>
> I'm wondering anyone knows of any surveys that mention vehicle use in
> the developing world.  Basically, people in Africa, Asia, the
> Americas--what do they drive?  What's the diesel "market share" as
> compared to gasoline, or ethanol, or paraffin, or who-knows-what-else?
>
> Also, can anyone point me to an emissions comparison of biodiesel to
> gasoline?
>
> Thanks all,
> Dan
>
> Dan Hale, [EMAIL PROTECTED]