>Harmon,
>
>I just did a search on Yahoo Groups for "stoves" and "stoves and
>biodiesel" and got zip. Could you post the link for the stoves group you
>mention?
>
>Thanks,
>Craig
>

> > <snip> Somebody on the stoves list is building
> > cooking stoves that burn SVO, but they both pre-heat and pressurize
> > the SVO first.
>
><snip>

Have you seen our Stoves page, Craig?
http://journeytoforever.org/at_woodfire.html
Wood fires that fit

The stoves list at Crest is mainly into improved woodstoves for
cooking - improvements on the three-stone fire, for 3rd World use.
It's good work, but I think they have a long way to go. The cooking
stoves burning SVO were referred to on the Stoves list, but I don't
think they're members of that list - that's the Hohenheim stove,
listed at Reinhard Henning's jatropha site:

http://www.jatropha.org/cooker/stumpf-2000.htm
http://www.jatropha.org/cooker/photos-2000.htm
http://jatropha.org/documents/stumpf-kocher-02-09.pdf

They told us they'd need $300,000 (from us) and three years to
develop it, but that's not how we do things, even if we had a spare
$300,000. I sometimes wonder whether "appropriate" technology
developed that way ever gets to solve any real problems at ground
level. The main problem, of course, is indoor smoke pollution, not
forest destruction, as many believe, though wood availability, or
rather unavailability, is a huge problem in marginal areas.

Best

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/FGYolB/TM