Hello Jacek

>Hello all
>I just made my first liter of biodisel (or something like that)from
>SVO.

:-) Welcome!

>I received something light yellow on the top and dark on the
>bottom.

That's as it should be. Is there a clear line of separation between the two?

>But It is not clear, that's mean i can not see anything on
>the second side of the glass (hope You know what I mean).

Sometimes it takes a while to settle. Put it on your windowsill in
the sun. Or wash it first, then put it on your windowsill in the sun.
If you have the time, it's best to let biodiesel settle for awhile
both before and after washing.

>It is
>probably because I don't count the lye exacly. I had no possibility
>to do that, but I don't want to wait one more day to do it.

You need 3.5 grams of sodium hydroxide lye for one litre of new,
virgin oil (uncooked).  That's one standard-measure teaspoonful. You
won't get it exactly accurate that way, but it'll be near enough -
virgin oil is quite forgiving, used oil with higher levels of free
fatty acids is much less forgiving, you need accurate measures for
that.

>Well what
>I have it is not soap, so I suppose I have not enough lye used. Is
>there any way to fix it, or my first biodiesel is lost?

It's probably okay, just give it some time. And go ahead in the
meantime and make some more test batches.

>Anyway I have more question. I read that WVO can be convert to
>biodiesel, but I also read that diesel engines can run on SVO. So If
>WVO burns (Mother Earth Heater), what if I will remove water from
>SVO, and will use it the same as SVO (mean heat it and run the diesel
>on it). I know that there are Free Fat Acids, but maybe there is
>possibility to remove it too, but not convert it all to biodiesel.
>Does anyone try it?

Diesels need either a full conversion (Elsbett) or two tanks, a
heating system and a switching system to run on SVO/WVO, and not all
diesels are suitable. Details here:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html
Straight vegetable oil as diesel fuel

Some people do just run SVO as-is, without heating or anything else,
especially with older Mercedes diesels, and they swear they get good
results. You can try it if you like, but you could have problems.

If the WVO is really bad stuff, very overcooked with high levels of
free fatty acids, it's best not used as straight fuel - make
biodiesel with it. Better quality WVO is okay - say 3-4 ml titration
or less. Sure, you don't do titration yet, but I guess you'll learn,
it's not difficult. Full details here:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html
Make your own biodiesel

When you get more experienced at it, you'll be able to tell good from
bad just by the look and smell of it. We've found the more expensive
the restaurant, the better quality the WVO. Which figures. And the
more reluctant they might be to give to you.

You can perhaps use bad-quality WVO if you deacidify it and then wash
it, but it's still probably better to make biodiesel with it. See url
above, "Deacidifying WVO"

>My idea is to use WVO to heat the room or rooms, but not like in
>Mother waste Oil heater, just to heat the water and send it by pipes
>to radiator. Anyway I dont need high quality biofuel, just a fuel to
>burn or run old diesel enginee on it.

Sounds like you'll be okay - old engine, I guess not Direct
Injection, constant load, minimal start-stops. You'll have to choose
between SVO and biodiesel, there are advantages and disadvantages to
both, it's up to you to decide. The urls above should help you make
the decision.

>Thanks in advance for answer, maybe my question aren't smart, but I
>am neither chemist nor mechanic.

That doesn't mean you're not smart - most of us here are neither
chemists nor mechanics. Anybody can easily learn to do this, so be of
good cheer - you're onto a Good Thing!

>One more question. I heard that someone is able to make diesel fuel
>using wasted plastic bags. Does someone hear about it?

It's an industrial process. There are a couple of companies in Japan
doing this, with patented technology - not for backyarders. One of
them told me it took them 10 years to develop the technology. The
product is good. They sell the fuel, and also sell the technology.
It's petro-diesel though, not biodiesel, but high-quality fuel.

FYI, there's a university professor in Hong Kong who discovered how
to make DIAMONDS from waste plastic bags. Quite expensive process
though.

Regards

Keith

>brgds