Eric,

Lindsay Books (http://www.lindsaybks.com/) sells a book detailing how to
make a screw press, which is used in some places to press oil. I have the
book, but haven't looked at it in quite a while, so my memory of its level
of detail is vague. Nevertheless, I think it would be useful to you. I
didn't see the book listed on their website, but many of their books are
only in their catalogue, which they will send on request.

HTH.
Mark Payton