Hi folks, this is off the infopop forum. I thought that there might be more
folks here on biofuel who are familiar with this thread off tdiclub that
Dante is quoting. Anyone know more about this?
Mark

Dante:
I thought this might interest some folks here"

http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=005734

"Bosch has been finding out that since the introduction of the new
electronic VE 37 pumps on VW TDIs began in earnest in 1998, that the number
of people experimenting with FAME Biodiesel fuels has caused a large number
of these sensitive pumps to fail, particulary during the winter months when
the fuel is crystallized and the fuel quantity actuator potentiometer and
the start of injection potentiometer are being destroyed."

Lynxpilpot:
I read the thread. If it bears any truth, I'll be really disappointed
because I'm over $2000 building my reactor and buying all of my consumables
(except methanol). I was planning on using the stuff on two brand new
vehicles too, and if the fuel is bad, I'll be in deep trouble. I hope
somebody comes out with confirmed evidence that the report was biased, or
the test fuel was low quality, or something. It would be nice to hear from
people on this forum who have used BD100 (home brew or commercial)
extensively (like 100,000 miles or more on the same motor). Any help on
this one would be appreciated.