Arggh, I missed something else I was gonna write:

Acid number (titration with
>KOH, on washed fuel) will tell you about unreacted free fatty acids.
>Washing with vinegar or other acid in the wash water will throw off the
>ability of that test to tell you about your process.
>
>Mark

And like other quality tests, this can tell you to refine your process- the
acid number test should tell you if you're using the correct base amount of
lye (remember it varies from feedstock to feedstock, depends on the plant
oil,and is not always being the magic 3.1-3.5 g, the exact info is on
Journey to forever).

ˇFREE Health Insurance Quotes-eHealthInsurance.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1.voSB/RnFFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM