I learned programming 1965 on IBM 1130 and have used computers ever since.
1969 I came into professional computing as responsible for starting
timesharing business in Sweden on a 360/50, at that time the 3rd largest
computer in Sweden. After that I have also worked with CAD/CAM and networking.

Breaking in to you house, car or computer without permission, is a crime
and will always be a crime. If I break in to your house and use your your
living room floor as toilet, should I be regarded as a genius and my
excrements as "a creative practical joke"? Give me a break!!!! What kind of
world do we live in, when people suggest that we should admire buglers, car
thiefs, hackers, crackers and whatever you like to call the criminals.

Protection against hackers or virus makers is a security against criminals,
in the same way as the lock on your house. If you have a bad or good lock
does not make the bugler less or more criminal. Even if you do not have a
lock at all, the bugler is a criminal that performs a criminal act.

I can agree that some programmers have to test the security, with
permission and in a controlled way. They same way as locks are tested. If
you have people who wants to test the security on their own computers or
others with permission, it is a perfectly legal exercise. It does not need
a programmer that is smarter than other programmers, who works with
creating applications.

Hakan