Glenn wrote:

>I visited the website and found nothing to
>discern between their process or the methoxide
>method. The only thing I did see that says
>anything regarding their process is that it is
>done at normal atmosheric pressure.
>8 cents a liter is nearly attainable with the
>regular methoxide method (using waste oil) and
>doing large bulk purchases of materials.
>Methanol is available at 1.25 (US) per gallon
>retail and bulk purchases of NaOH would put the
>price in the 35 cents(US) per gallon range.
>
>methanol(Inianapolis):
>http://ims.brickyard.com/press/1999/fuel-020299.php3
>
>NaOH:
>http://www.riccachemical.com/catalog/bulk.asp

Their process is different. They use (somewhat iffy) co-solvents and
huge amounts of methanol, which makes their cost claims hard to
believe. They do say they recover all excesses and so on, but
recovering the co-solvents especially would take a LOT of energy, so
again their cost claims are hard to believe. And there are quality
issues. There are lots of issues. If you check the archive link I
gave and other archive material you'll see what the difference is. If
you go to the Biofuels-biz archive, there's a lot there about
production costs etc, recent discussions.
http://archive.nnytech.net/index.php?list=biofuels-biz

See the thread "CALL TO ACTION- USDA CUTTING SUPPORT FOR BIODIESEL
PRODUCTION" and related threads.
http://archive.nnytech.net/index.php?view=1501&list=BIOFUELS-BIZ

Best