If you want rust prevention use fish oil.
I think Rustoleum is fish oil based.

Kirk

-----Original Message-----
From: MH [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 10:42 AM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Veg. Oil and or soaps from BioD production

"coachgeo3 " wrote:

> Ive read some post in other places where folk have used diesel fuel,
> and waste motor oils to make a paste or inside body part rust
> prevention sprays(like in doors).  Military has run test on diff.
> oils for this purpose, but not veg oils.
>
> I live in the rust belt so I like the idea.  Anyone done this
> with veg oils. Would it invite mice and bugs and other creatures to
> invade?

 I haven't really noticed.

> I could see swabbing it on under your car in the winter with a big
> wall paper brush.  or just rubber gloves and coat her all up.

 Each spring and fall for the past several years I used a
 tin can & paint brush with drained petroleum oil, gear lubricants
 and grease on rusted areas.  Draw back is the flash point temp.

 Now I use canola oil to slow down rust especially the rocker panels.
 Not sure what the flash point is but I have trouble keeping it lit
 so I assume its less of a danger then petroleum lubricants.  Draw
 back is washing the vehicle but at least its biodegradable rate
 is faster (I think).

 One thing I like about these oily liquids is it appears to
 penetrate & wick somewhat.  They also cake up with sand & dirt.
 It still amazes me out at the junk yards these parts coated
 with this gunk are relatively well preserved.

 One of the reasons I started using canola oil was because of
 something someone mentioned about coating steel to minimize
 oxidation and its adhesiveness.  I apologize to whomever brought
 this to our attention for not crediting you directly.  I also
 hope I understood it correctly.  So far I'm happy with the
 results or else cut out the heavily rusty metal, weld, paint.....

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.