At 06:55 Wednesday, you wrote:
>I am building an foam/fiberglass airplane (LongEz) which likes
>temperatures in the 70F+ range while the Oregon coastline runs from 30 to
>70F on average.
>
>Neil, gonna put a diesel in it? Run it on Biodiesel? Thielert makes a nice
>powerful 4 cyl diesel that is a direct replacement for a Lycoming or
>Continental. Nice, but pricey. www.thielert.com.

I had not considered that and it is an interesting thought.  I rebuilt a
Lycoming O-235 with variable pitch controls since this is the engine of
choice for the LongEz.  This was before considering producing my own fuels
from WVO such as biodiesel.  Well, I already have the engine and the first
priority will be to get the plane flying at this point.  But, due to what I
am leaning from lists like this one, I am converting most of my other
engine requirements to diesel forms and adding home
electrification/heating.  As long as it can be maintained in line with
KISS.  Thanks for the link....