Hello Kirk,

We are in Maine (ME).  They are for any size or style opening...window,
patio door, skylight etc.  They double the R-value of a double pane
window and triple the R-value of a single pane.

Better yet, We had this tested at another engineering lab.(Lawrence
Berkley Laboratories, Ross DePaolo)The test goes as follows:

-Zero degrees farenheit outside the window

-Indoor ambient temperature is seventy degrees farenheit.

-The inside surface of the glass is 17.2 degrees F.

-After the insulating unit is installed the indoor surface is 57 degrees
F.

It eliminates all condensation and related issues (Mold, wood rot,
peeling paint, inside frost etc).  The comfort difference is also huge
because there isn't the thermal cycling off of the surface of the
window.  In addition to normal residential applications, we have people
winterize (or greatly extend the season depending upon application)
greenhouses and screen porches without supplemental heat.  If you have
any other questions, drop me a line.

Thom

Talmage Solar Engineering 1-877-785-0088