>The Baku pipeline is hardly an isolated example. Under the energy
>plan developed by Vice President Dick Cheney, the Bush administration
>is financing a growing number of overseas projects for private oil
>companies. In theory, the money provided by two U.S. agencies -- the
>Export-Import Bank (Ex-Im) and the Overseas Private Investment
>Corporation (OPIC) -- is supposed to boost trade and create jobs. But
>in practice, say critics across the political spectrum, the agencies
>enrich a handful of well-connected oil companies. "The majority of
>Ex-Im Bank funding benefits large, politically powerful
>corporations," says Rep. Ron Paul, a Republican from Texas.

This is all sickening.  I wonder what percentage of these loans are
repaid.  It isn't that I expected anything other than a corrupt view
of US energy policy on the part of the Bush Administration, I just
never expected it to be so blatant.  E-M, C-T, et. al. have bought 6
out of the last 14 years of U.S. Presidencies and are basically
dictating, in some respects U.S. foreign policy.

Ron Paul used to be a Libertarian, the only one in Congress.  I'm not
saying that's "great" but that's sort of why he ends up being the
"Republican" in-house critic.

Thx for the article.