I have been watching the serious safety issues (great use of this list) per
using methanol in the production of biodiesel.  I understand ethanol works
as well though I understand it is a bit more complicated a process.  Pardon
my ignorance; but, I have looked around and have not found the differences
explained.  Many find producing "moonshine" easy and getting an alcohol
with many uses including organic and inorganic fuel burners.  Seems this
might be a simple way of getting a "safe" alcohol molecular chain for use
in biodiesel production as for direct uses.  There are plenty of sites
explaining simple moonshine stills.  Now will someone explain the methanol
vs ethanol differences in processing please and keep this in line for the
single car owner level of production?