Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:10:18 +0900
        From: Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Subject: Re: RE:Ag subsidies

        Motie wrote:

        >--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Crabb, David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        >wrote:
        > > I would think that instead of having agricultural subsidies,
        > > or paying people NOT to grow things on their land, that
        > > we should instead get subsidize them to grow biofuel on their
land.

        >I disagree with subsidies in general. I thoroughly disagree with
        >paying subsidies for producing massive quantities of a product that
        >can't be marketted.

        It's usually that way. The real problem of agriculture is surplus.
        It's very complex, but those involved apparently don't want to solve

        the problem but rather to maintain it, for their own ends. As you
say

Now THIS is the kind of conspiracy I can handle.  Companies wanting to get
paid to do nothing.  Companies donating to political parties to continue to
pay to get nothing.  "work? why would i want to get paid 4 dollars to do
something, when i can get 2 dollars to do 'nothing' "