----- Original Message -----
From: "girl mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<snip>
>   Like I said I haven't done this qualitatively before- so I don't know if
> the amount of water sufficient to form haze in the fuel is a sufficient
> mass of water for me to weigh on a .1g sensitivity scale. any ideas on
what
> is the weight of the water if it is present at for instance 1200 ppm in a
> 100 ml sample of biodiesel?
>
> Mark
<snip>
1200ppm in 100ml is 120000/1,000,000ml  ie.0.12ml, which will be equivalent
to the smallest unit of sensativity on your ballance, very difficult to
measure accurately. If you do try this use as light a containor for the BD
as possible (beaker would be good). Also try to use a larger volume of BD up
to the capacity of your scales in order to improve the accuracy.

Regards Paul Gobert,