  From: motie_d <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 9:53 PM
  Subject: [biofuel] Re: Introduction and some questions - Newbie

  --- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "kirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > There is an out of print book "Novel Drilling Technoques" that in
  the second
  > edition talks about cutting sandstone at several meters per second
  with
  > liquid pressures of that magnitude. Granite I think was 7cm per
  second if
  > memory serves.
  > Obscure technology.
  >
  > Anyway, you can lose a lot more than just soft tissue. Even a
  couple hundred
  > psi can inject you like a hypodermic needle. Probably wouldn't be a
  good
  > thing to happen.
  >
  > Kirk

  I did some experimentation last winter for a technology development
  company, using high pressure water to cut wood. At a lower pressure,
  the water can be used to easily and cleanly remove the bark,(which
  contains contaminants) then turn the pressure up to thinly slice the
  wood, removing water soluble extracts.
  Non-disclosure agreements won't allow further details. Sorry.

  Motie