On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:43, you wrote:
> Mark:
>

> Thank you for posting your washing 101 zine.  Have you tried using more
> than one aquarium air stone at a time?   If you would have used three or
> four air stones / pumps per washing cycle.  Would that decrease your total
> wash time? I also read in Journey to forever.  In one of the postings.
> Someone used a modified grinding wheel off a bench grinder as a large air
> stone (in a 55 gal drum system). I assumed the grinding wheel was used to
> increase the volume of air wash.  I realize sometime bigger is not always
> better.  But it doesnât hurt to ask.
Harley

An airstone can be made from a grinding wheel. Sit the wheel on a tin lid
(for example off a coffee can) & make a bung with a pipe to fit in the
central hole. Tie the lid on the back of the wheel with wire. Try it in a
bucket of water.
  I didn't bother doing this as I got a huge airstone from the Aquarium shop.
(about 200mm long)
Doug