From: murdoch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 12:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: biofuel@yahoogroups.com; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [biofuel] criticism of Bush H2 idea

  >First and foremost, in my view, the author made more than one suggestion,
not
  >just one suggestion, for addressing the oil dependency problem.
  >
  >He did not buy into the view that there is one 'ANSWER' and that all
debate
  >should end about anything and everything except for his pet 'ANSWER'.
This, I
  >think, was unusual and good.

  Further commenting on this point..., the Bush plan to push for the H2
world
  economy, while interesting, amounts somewhat to this
  putting-too-many-eggs-in-one basket idea.

  I'm not sure that people who believe in the mechanisms of the free market
would
  presume to know which technology should win out, over other worthy
contenders.
  I thought that a principle of the marketplace was that it can help you
  understand.... it can give you feedback on the many
  difficult-to-understand-up-front aspects of various competing technologies
and
  supplies.  By focusing on one single idea, the Bush Administration may be
  advocating an idea that is worth pursuing but may also be casting aside
  wortwhile principles we're told they advocated.

  I sure would like to see increased competition in the fuel and auto
propulsion
  industries.  I'm not clear how that results from a gung-ho semi-funding of
  focused H2 research.  Well, that's my thought for now, subject to
revision.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor