John Busby writes:

>2. I haven't seen much discussion on producing biodiesel from
>field crops. I 'm looking for a good source focusing on the bit of
>the process going from harvest through oil extraction and oil
>cleanup. Can anyone give guidance.

For "cleanup" (biodiesel production?) see the Journey to Forever
site described in the links below.  For the previous bit, I personally
like the ATTRA site (and all the places you get sent to from THERE..)

http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/oilseed.html

They call it small-scale, but I think it's the scale most of us are at.

-K