>Greetings:
>I'm new to the list so please be gentle.

Huh?

>I am interested in starting to make Bio diesel for my
>2001 Chevy Pickup.
>My question is this. What do you do with the waste
>chemicals? IE: Lye and Ethynol?
>Everything I've read so far does not mention this
>little leftover.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Dave

Waste chemicals? I'm not sure how familiar you are with the process.
Maybe you should have a look at this first:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html
Make your own biodiesel

It describes the entire process. Anyway, when you make biodiesel, a
lot of stuff separates and sinks to the bottom, leaving the biodiesel
on top. You separate the two; the biodiesel gets washed, leaving you
with waste washwater. Mark recently posted excellent information on
dealing with that - see:
http://archive.nnytech.net/index.php?view=21110&list=BIOFUEL

Click on "More on this subject" for related messages.

The stuff at the bottom consists of glycerine, the catalyst (lye),
soaps and excess methanol. The methanol can be recovered for re-use.

The glycerine-catalyst-soap mixture can be separated and the
components used in various ways. See:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_glycsep.html
Separating glycerine/FFAs: Journey to Forever

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_glycerin.html
Glycerine

It can also be burnt for heat and energy, but it needs to be done at
a high temperature. See:
http://archive.nnytech.net/index.php?view=20922&list=BIOFUEL

Click on "More on this subject" for related messages.

However, you mention "Ethynol" - not a waste product, or at least no
need for it to be. Ethanol is the alternative to using methanol, but
take note, it's NOT for novices. FIRST gain some experience and
expertise using methanol, then you might have some success with
ethanol, otherwise you're bound to fail. See: "Ethyl-esters biodiesel"
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_link.html#ethylester

Best