I am going to do a lot of snipping simply because it really does not
pertain

Robby Davenport wrote:

> all containers in the US anyway ; are suposted to take 5 psi including55
> drums but its an un- writed rule  many containers can take more , but
> without a real psi rating who knows , good info on testing below always
> hydrotest never air / this is the reason you can test pvc pipe with
> water for leaks but not air ..Robert
>
> Doug Foskey wrote:

You got my attention on this one.
I was thinking of using PVC for a air feed line for my air compressor
system, most of the PVC is rated to 150 psi BUT if that is HYDROSTATIC
tested will it work for air?  YOU all seem to imply their is something
different from air to HYDRO. Am i missing something like usual?

BTW Tim Owens
I get fed up a bit with all the extra BS about the WAR issue, just use
the sort by subject and delete it. These people are great even if just
to listen to their obstinate point of view. I does give me new insight
to the world conflicts that i really don't get from the US news.
Alternate point of views sometimes are really enlightening so don't
leave the list please.

i wish we could just all get along.
just my $.02 worth.
David Wood