Keith,

We started with solar powered air conditioning (cooling) by
using thermal solar panels and a cooling unit with a modified
Electrolux - Munters technology. Free energy at low cost and
high capacity potentials. I have looked for a long time for
somebody that would pick up on this technology that is used
on larger refrigeration ships, but needed adaption for smaller
applications. I am still quite enthusiastic about it,
http://members.aon.at/solarfrost/main.html

Then somebody said something about Stirling for that type
of application and I contested that we had a cost effective
Stirling technology for it. So what happens? We are now so
fixated with what we can do with Stirling, that the original
thread is totally lost.

I think that the WhisperGen Personal Power Station is
very interesting and like to know more about it. It does not have
anything to do with what we discussed, but very interesting.
I will follow it up, but the electricity output is only 750W as
a by product of heating. To be useful, it probably need to
be combined with storage/batteries and could be very good
as a component in a PV cell system. As a heating system
it is also interesting due to the high efficiency, but 5 kW is
very low capacity for this purpose. Pulsonex pulsating system
has around the same efficiency but 25 kW. The advantage of
both have the biodiesel capability.

Then we have links to a heat recuperator, again not relevant
to what we discussed, but interesting. Like to see more data
and performance numbers. Also want to compare it to other
systems.

I am still left with unchanged enthusiasm for the modified
Electrolux - Munters technology and the air conditioning
(cooling) application, but are grateful for the other ideas.
Will discuss them in separate threads, after looking closer.

Hakan