Many dogs can be taught to do their business in the prescribed place much
like cats that have been taught to use the human facilities. The problem
that I have not seen solved is one of a flushing system that works in a
facility that would resemble a shower stall to accommodate both gender of
dogs. It is an interesting idea and I would like to hear of any hardware
that may be available.

Regards,
Vern

 >influencing people (which she was VERY good at). So she had some
>place that she went to up on the hillside somewhere, I'd see her
>going off there sometimes but never figured just where it was. I'm
>sure any dog is capable of learning such things.

Apparently, she didn't just learn such a thing.Ê She *devised* a place for
herself to go, given that no one seemed to be dictating the rules to her.
Basically, she did *more* than a human is asked to do to make accomodations
for herself (unless there's something we don't know about her upbringing
where she was told what to do).

I think dogs might pretty much do what they're told to do in respect of
potty activities.Ê At least it would be worth testing this theory and, if
it held, installing toilets that dogs could use (i.e.: at floor level), as
the ones in place are clearly not ones they could easily use, given their
different body construction.ÊÊ I'm sure that wealthy folks might be
inclined to give it a try, maybe making entirely separate bathroom
accomodations.Ê I just don't quite understand why this has not been tried.
Maybe it has.
.