I don't suppose you could possibly get a larger blanket for that all
encompassing statement could you? The promotion of industrial hemp by "most"
in the USofA is not by the "drug crowd." It's by people who recognize both
sanity and insanity as well. In fact, industrial hemp would quickly become
problematic for smokeable cannabis growers due to the increased occurence of
pollenation and cross-pollenation.

For a person to be accurate in their professions and presumptions of what
would occur in the US should industrial hemp be re-legalized would require a
good bit of familiarity with the culture that the person is attempting to
deride.

And whether or not some or many of them have personal experience with
smokeable cannabis does not invalidate the rationality of re-incorporating
the low drug strains into US agriculture again. In fact, it is the
peculiarly perverted conservative faction of this country, that and those
who don't want to make waves - no matter how industrially, economically and
environmentally beneficial the end result is - that try to scare the
population into disbelieving the realities of industrial hemp farming.

One look at the rest of the world should be enough to give realization that
it's the uptight, constipated, conservatism of the US that is the problem,
not the "drug crowd" that uptight conservatives would try to paint everyone
else as being who is not "them."

Todd Swearingen