So taking the survey for what it is...

90% of all countries are either 'better' than Sweden
or worse that the US...

10% off doesn't sound too shabby..
hardly all that bad,
and certainly not "far closer"

Thats like saying you have a VW Jetta that gets 55 mpg  <because it is a
manual transmission>
and I have a Automatic version that gets 50.

a couple of cars get better.. most of them worse.. and you make a statement
like
"Man, your car is a guzzler.. far closer to a 12 Cyl. Lamborghini than my
car"

I don't think the official was trying to slam Sweden.. perhaps it was meant
to point out
be a cultural issues
where countries in Europe ARE democratic, yet 90%+ of MidEastern countries
are not..
so it would be more difficult a task.

then again.. you never know with those pesky US officials..

:)

Are there many large areas of distinct cultures in Sweden? or is it largely
homogenous?
.just curious.

Message: 14