>--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "dewey_nc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Has any research been done on the feasibility of a biodiesel/electric
>hybrid vehicle?  This would offer high MPG with reduced total fuel
>consumption.  And the fuel is from renewable sources.
>--- End forwarded message ---

See:
It's An ENIGMA, EV World, March 3, 2002 -- Who said you can't build a
parallel hybrid with 20 miles ZEV range? Not the team at San Diego
State University. A remarkable story of ingenuity, vision and
determination that lead to the creation of San Diego State
University's 80 mpg Enigma diesel-electric hybrid sports car, running
on biodiesel.
http://evworld.com/databases/storybuilder.cfm?storyid=312
San Diego State University College of Engineering Hybrid Electric Vehicle Team:
http://www.engineering.sdsu.edu/~hev/text.html

Much discussed here too - see archives:
http://archive.nnytech.net/index.php?keywords=ENIGMA&list=biofuel

I believe some list members have built such things themselves, or are
doing so, or intend to do so.

Best

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/FGYolB/TM