Great idea.  This to me is the ideal lifestyle (short of returning to hunter
gathering). A lifestyle I myself am working towards(funny how in our society
living in the city one needs to work towards having less).  Also working on
convincing my partner about it as well.
I eagerly await further updates on your journey.
I would be very interested in finding out about the systems you will be
using(what type of filtration for drinking water, type of photovoltaics if
any, etc.) and how well they work.
Good luck.
Peace and flow
Michael