--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "brent3369" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, reheated the glycerin I got from my first batch. It looks very
> rich. It is thinner than molasses at room temp. Why would it remain
> so thin? The information I have found suggests that it should be
> solid, or close to it, at room temp.

Glycerine will have different consistencies depending in how heavily
used the oil was and maybe what type of oil it is. Part or all (not
sure which) of the gel is soap- that's what your lye turned into
during the reaction. I rarely get solid glycerine because I use
lightly used, high-quality oil to begin with.
If you're heating the glycerine byproduct be aware it vents lots of
methanol- don't breathe it.

> The diesel itself has a ph of 8.5, so I will bubble wash it and see
> what happens.

you will probably find it harder to test the pH of the biodiesel as
it approaches 'washed' than when it is unwashed.

Look here for some troubleshooting info if you have trouble in the
wash process:

good luck,
mark

> Brent