Torr is about the same as mm. of Hg pressure.  760 is one atmosphere.  If you
set up a simple still it will distill at
290 C.  Hook up a vacuum pump to lower the pressure and it will distill at
lower temperatures.
Ray.

At 6/17/01 9:20:00 PM, you wrote:
>Martin,
>            What is 760 torr etc? I haven't got a clue what that means.
>
>Barryt

Ray in Atlanta, GA

"most people occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most pick themselves up and continue on
as if nothing had ever happened"
       Winston Churchill