>Was wondering what you meant by "oil containing water".   Oil and water do
>not mix.   Do you mean a pot full of oil ... with drops of water on the
>bottom of the pot??   Or what??
>
>Curtis

Hi Curtis

Waste vegetable oil - the biodiesel feedstock-of-choice - can contain
lots of water, maybe as much as a gallon or more in a 55-gallon-drum
processing batch, if it's poor-quality oil (overused). The poorer the
quality the higher the FFA levels and the more water content will
interfere with the process, or wreck it. So water content has to be
removed. Some types of processing are especially water-sensitive, for
example, the acid-base two-stage process. Keeping water out of the
process at all stages is a major concern - not only out of the oil,
but also out of the alcohol (especially with ethanol) and out of the
lye, which is hygroscopic (as is the alcohol). :-(

Best wishes

Keith

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/FGYolB/TM