Hello curtbigge,

You probably find most people on this list dealing quite
successfully with biodiesel, SVO and WVO. I will try
to understand what you want to do,

At 01:12 AM 5/25/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>I am just getting started and I would like to make alcohol as a fuel
>source. (45 gal per week) I have spent 2 days sorting through 10,000
>postings. And I have been to many great web sites but here are my
>questions. 1) why not use solar energy to distill the alcohol.

Distill 500 gal fermented feed stock per week, 52 weeks a year
with solar panels. You must live in quite a sunny place on earth.

>2)
>where is a cheap source of sugar for the process

If you live in such a sunny place, a lot of sugar cane must be
readily available.

>3) have any of you
>actually done this, or is this just a theoretically possible thing
>that is it just left up to commercial industry

Never 45 gal per week, but if you start there, you will be
able to produce 450 gal of E10 a week. Not bad for a beginner.

>Thank you for your time and I do enjoy your site.

It is not my site, but I enjoy it too.

Hakan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/FGYolB/TM