>hi my name is jim and im in the uk
>i am looking at making biodiesel from fresh rape oil however here in
>the uk fresh oil is not classed as biofuel and is taxed at the higher
>rate of 47 pence per liter. if i were to use waste oil it would be
>taxed at 25 pence per liter
>
>my question is this.
>what is the chemical difference between fresh and waste oil and can
>this be replicated in a production so that new oil can be used and
>taxed at the lower rate
>
>or would i need to buy a few cows to fry each time i wanted to make a
>batch of fuel from fresh oil
>
>any input?
>
>regards
>
>jim

hello Jim

Are there separate tax rates for biodiesel and straight vegetable
oil? I thought they didn't have a classification for SVO or WVO, you
had to declare it as biodiesel. But this would seem to mean they have
different tax rates for biodiesel depending on whether it's made from
new or used oil... What weird rules. Anyway, whatever cooking oil you
use it'll be pretty much wasted by the time you've turned it into
biodiesel, not much use for fish & chips anymore. :-/

Best

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/FGYolB/TM