Rabbits are a bit troublesome - you have to keep them penned, though
a moveable "ark" works quite well. Geese are the best lawnmowers,
solar-powered too <g>, but not silent - but if you can put up with a
team of highly opinionated lawnmowers that, furthermore, mar the
pristine beauty or your apparently Philishaved lawn with lumps of
goose-poop underfoot, then you can hardly do better, while certain
other benefits emerge round Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Lawns themselves are the trouble though, as Robert infers, highly
unnatural things, and users of HUGE amounts of pesticides, chemical
fertilizers and, yes, fossil fuels. In nature grass just doesn't
exist on its own like this, it's only a part of a composite "pasture
creature" consisting of grass (actually grasses, legumes and
deep-rooting herbs), a very rich topsoil micro- and macro-life, and
several kinds of grazing animals. Take the animals away and the whole
things starts to revert to scrub and forest. A power-mower is a poor
substitute for a grazing animal, and hence all the poisons etc needed
to "maintain" the thing.

Let it grow and get some geese and a couple of Dexters. But the
neighbours, yes... and the by-laws. :-(

Best

Keith

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/FGYolB/TM