From: "Terry Wilhelm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Diesel Boats

> It is a very loud engine.  One thing about them is if anything (i.e.
broken keyway) happens to the positive displacement roots type blower (not
the turbos) it will not start or even run.  We have had this problem with
the engine in our dump truck.  In a truck that doesnt bother me, but on the
water I'd be nervous.  But first, they are LOUD engines with that blower
screaming.  During my US Navy years they were trying hard to get away from
them since there were alot of better applications out there.

> Regards,
> Terry Wilhelm
>
> Jack Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a question for any mechanic-types out there - particularly
marine-diesel familiars.  I am thinking about purchasing a 40 foot diesel
work boat for a combined aquculture and dive operation and I am wondering if
any knows about:
> 1 - this engine in particular:  General Motors 8V71 twin turbo rated at
450 HP?  I know that GM has had some trouble with diesel engines in the past
just wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge pertaining to this
model in particular.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM