----- Original Message -----
From: "murdoch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 17:33
Subject: [biofuel] Re: highway speed findings

> You're talking about a situation that many of us have been in before,
> to one extent or another.
>
> It's hard for me to say if the cop was warranted in ticketing your
> wife without knowing all the details.  Was she doing the limit the
> whole time or did she speed up only when she started to feel that
> folks were impatient behind her?

The entire time.

> Usually when a cop is spotted around a group of drivers, most of that
> group will slow down to the limit and one would not be ticketed for
> doing the limit.  At other times, I reckon a cop will get on the tail
> of a driver whose driving he doesn't like, and sometimes will even
> ticket them for any old thing, if he or she has a basic problem with
> their driving.

Around here, most people are so paranoid, about cops, that if the cop was
doing 30 in a 35 zone, most of the people will slow down and stay behind
him, in both lanes.

> A friend of mine was ticketed when he pulled over, the cop told him to
> pull further down the road, he did and they ticketed him for not
> putting his seat belt back on for the second part, after he was all
> flustered. But I wasn't unhappy he was ticketed.... he's a lead-footed
> driver who often fails to signal.

I have almost been in to many accadents to count because of this, or because
they signal and start pulling over with out checking to see if the lane is
clear.  A disporportionate number of them with Cali. lisence plates.

> It is certainly an occassional problem that one will be trying to do
> the right thing (get right, so that faster drivers can pass on the
> left) when the flow of heavy traffic to one's right will prevent this.
> When I have been in that circumstance, I signal so as to make sure
> that those behind me understand that I understand the concept that I
> am to get to the right, I wait until there is a break in those passing
> me, and then I move right.

Same here, but, there have been times when I have had to very slowly start
pulling over, before to long someone realizes I actualy want to pull over
and slow down and let me in.  I don't like doing it, but, somtimes it's the
only way to get over, because alot of them just ether just don't care, or
they are not paying attention to things like turn signals.

Greg H.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM