On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:07:17 +0200, you wrote:

>How does one use NH3 as energy source ?
>I ask this, because in Holland we have big problems with NH3 polution coming
>out of huge animal houses with hundreds of thousends of pigs or chickens.
>If we could filter the NH3 out of the air and use it as a fuel, it would be
>great.
>
>Pieter Koole

I am not skilled enough in Chemistry to know precisely what was being
suggested, but I will cc: to the person who is keen on this fuel to
see if they can respond to you.

If a small part of the answer is to inquire as to how NH3 could be
used in fuel cells, I also wonder about that.  There are schemes for
fuel cells that seem to involve materials where hydrogen is affixed to
various elements, and then used, with the element either being part of
an emissions, or being recycled.  The Zinc-based attempts at fuel
cells I think come to mind (although I'm not sure of this).  So, the
fact that Hydrogen is affixed to Nitrogen shouldn't be necessarily
prohibitive.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM