----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Pilot's seat?      in a German rocket?
> On Saturday, Jun 21, 2003, at 07:02 US/Eastern, gobie wrote:

Yes we could call it plenty of other things. Must have been one hell of a
ride especially under maximum thrust with near empty tanks. All this with
fabric covered wings.
In view of the unusual performance and the potential to self destruct good
pilots were hard to find especially when they were needed for conventional
aircraft.
Some interesting reading on the performance of the "aircraft", the training
of the pilots and the techniques the pilots used to get around its
vulnarabilities, especially when it glided back to base.
 http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.walker6/komet/flight/flight1.htm

Wonder has anyone tried deriving oxygen from H2O2 to "supercharge" an  ICE?

 Regards,   Paul Gobert.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM