I have bought some from places like Home Depot as sulfuric acid drain
cleaner. It comes in a variety of purities, and it's hard to know
exactly what you got. It's in a quart bottle for $7. I have made two-
stage acid base with it and have had some OK results and some not-so-
OK results. I used titration after (and during) the acid stage and
that made it possible to know when it wasn't 'working' as well as
expected, which is a fixable problem (fixed by using more lye in the
base stage in my case). You're better off with sulfuric of known
purity, but I certainly have had it work out sorta allright with Bull
Dozer drain cleaner and another brand.

mark

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM