murdoch wrote:

> >    I abandoned the project because fermentation into ethanol produces a fuel
> >that is much easier to handle.  There's a bit less energy involved in
> >hydrogen
> >production, but the need for gas compression narrows that gap considerably.
>
> This is why I've been saying that it is not a foregone conclusion that H2 is
> "the" fuel of the future (as the POTUS and his advisers have apparently
> presumed
> to decide for us).

    I think POTUS has too many ties to the oil and gas industry to be objective
in
this case--hence the push for hydrogen, which will most likely be reformed from
conventional fossil fuels.  (The reforming technology will most likely be
installed
in present service stations.)

    In my view, we need diversity and locally controlled supplies.  We need
conservation, efficiency and a different mental paradigm.  We need to think
about
the rest of humanity, who long for a Western standard of living, and we should
align
our plans with them in mind as well.

    I've been a hydrogen enthusiast for a very long time, but I just don't see
the
practicality of hydrogen as an energy carrier for most of the world.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.1stbooks.com/bookview/9782