I believe the whole "kill and die in the name of God" (in ALL religions)
.... are a result of 3 statements that were made ("By God" ... but that's a
subject of a different thread (LOL)... whether he "did" ... or "not").

1. Moses/Ten Commandments - Thou shalt not shed innocent blood.

Thus "guilty blood" (such as a guy coming at you with a machete) ... becomes
a "valid target".   This explains why "killing in self defense" ... becomes
different than "pre-meditated murder in the first degree".

2.  Jesus - ... hath greater love, than a man who lays his life down for his
friends.

In modern-speak, this is the "running in front of your wife" ... to "take
the bullet" (meant for her).   Valiantly dying for the cause of love.

3. (I think) Jesus - .. but those who lose their life for my sake, shall
find it.

Dying for "a noble cause" (such as freedom of your land/country).   When
living means "serving the evil slave-master".   When dying becomes a "final
expession" that "one IS is free".    This explains why "Taps" is often
played at a soldiers funeral.   Why "he (the soldier) died for all of us".

As you can see, ALL of these reasons for blood being spilt ... are just
ones.   I don't believe any member in this group, no matter what country,
creed, religion, sex, age group, or whatevers .... would disagree with
fighting back when shot at, taking a bullet for one's spouse, or slashing
when no other choice is given but horrific, evil slavery.

IMHO, these statements (and other Prophet's renditions of it) .... are where
it all comes from.   Notice that in its pure form, all reasons are
understandable and just.  The problem comes in when Power-hungry men twist
these statements into "that's why we must fight for MY
oil/money/land/slave-control/etc.

Notice how corporate "oil/money interest" ...... gets spinned as "our
nations (freedom) interests".

BTW, I changed the subject heading ... for easier archive search.

Curtis

Get your free newsletter at
http://www.ezinfocenter.com/3122155/NL