Tell the families digging through the mass graves for their relatives that we
didn't do the right thing.

Eric

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Hakan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Do not worry, if US can get the right "American democracy" government
> in place. US have secured close to its 25% need of the worlds oil resources
> and the money was well spent. In that case you can definitely say that
> US did the right thing for US. Who cares about the Iraqis? They have the
> wrong religion and do not appreciate the American culture anyway. The
> world is a better place for American actions, after Iraq. It is so afraid of
> Americans, that it is a petty that US cannot benefit from the extra Biogas
> production and use it for solving the Natural gas problem.
>
> Hakan
>
> At 02:32 PM 7/17/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >Actually, I agree that we should have had a formal war declaration.
> >
> >I DO think we did the right thing, and that the world is a better place
> >for our actions in the past few months, but I think the methods by which
> >we got to the decision to do it probably are suspect.
> >
> >It's an example of how violating the constitution "just a little bit"
> >becomes a slippery slope that isn't recoverable.
> >
> >Abe Lincoln was the first to get away with a wholesale violation of the
> >constitution by not letting the south secede peacefully.  The whole
> >concept of our government was a VOLUNTARY union of states.  Once
> >membership becomes irrevocable, there is no defense against bad
> >government, and the country hasn't been the same since.
> >
> >Eric
> >

> >--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Brah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Eric,
> > >

> > > Taking your argument a step further, we wouldn't be in this war if the
> > > executive branch had not usurped the power to declare war from the
> > > legislative branch.  Or rather if Congress had not allowed the President
> > > to usurp its responsibilities.   According to the Constitution Article
> > > I, section 8, Clause 11 "(Congress shall have the power) To declare
> > > War."  If the question of a declaration of war had been put to a vote,
> > > it would have failed miserably.  Instead our congressional leaders
> > > settled on a much weaker euphemistic "Joint Resolution for the
> > > Authorization of the Use of Military Force."  This is NOT the same as a
> > > declaration of war, and allowed our congressmen to pussyfoot around the
> > > actual issue of invading another sovereign nation.
> > >

> > > I will agree with you that we should not be funding "non-delegated"
> > > federal programs, but even so their cost is miniscule compared to the
> > > daily, weekly, monthly and eventually yearly cost of the Iraq
> > > occupation.
> > >

> > > So you are right in a round-about way.  Billions and billions of our tax
> > > dollars would not be wasted fighting an unjust and illegal war had the
> > > constitution been obeyed.
> > >

> > > -BRAH

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM