>From: MH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [biofuel] "Smog Fighters Out Of Weapons"? SoCal Smoggiest
>Summer in  7 years?
>Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 01:43:16 -0500
>
> > > It has been stated before that America has 3% of the world's
>population but
> > > produces much more polution percentage wise. I have one solution that
>no one
> > > would like...raise the price of gas to match what us Canadians pay.
>That
> > > would cut down the amout of driving done. Our price here in
>Saskatchewan
> > > today is $3.69/ gallon. I don't drive anywhere I don't need to. Just a
> > > comment and a non-solution....lol.
> > > Brent
>
>  you wrote:
> > Good points, in my view, except you need to clarify Canadian Dollars
> > or American.
> >
> > Your price appears to be in Canadian Dollars (since I found a news
> > story mentioning about 75 cents Canadian per Liter which translates to
> > about your price Canadian per gallon).  This is about $2.66 U.S.,
> > which some would argue is not quite enough to change our ways, though
> > it would open some eyes a bit wider.
>

>  I believe we're looking at a equal value of  $2.22 USD per US gallon.
>
>  It's been discussed that one Canadian gallon is equivalent to
>  one imperial or UK gallon which equals 4.546 liters.
>  One US gallon = 3.785 liters.
>
>  3.69 Canadian Dollars (CAD) equals 2.66 U.S. Dollars (USD)
>  http://quote.yahoo.com/m5?a=3.69&s=CAD&t=USD&c=0
>
>  $2.66 USD divided by 4.546 litres times 3.785 litres a US gallon equals
>  $2.22 USD per US gallon.  This was the price some US gasoline stations
>were
>  charging on 911 (9/11/01).  It didn't slow many folks from filling their
>  vehicle and several empty fuel tanks while others lined up to do the
>same.

In na emergancy like 9/11 you could charge $10/gallon and people would stock
up. 5 years ago gas was .45/litre, now it is .82/litre and my wages didn't
double to keep up with it. Double the price of gas and people will drive
less.
Brent

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/FGYolB/TM