If it is a 1" screw in model, get a 1" female adapter, cut a hole in the drum
and weld it to the side.  If it is a bolt on model, cut a hole for the heater
and the bolts, use the gasket or sealer and bolt it through the drum.  Would
suggest using a thermostat inline for your protection.  You can buy them at the
same place that you got the element.

Regards,
Terry Wilhelm
www.revenoor.com

dave01632002 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I recently bought a replacement hot water tank heating element (120
V).  Now I need some advice on how to install it so that it will work
efficiently and not burn up.  It is only about 9"ong and I am using a
55 gallong drum.  What do you suggest?

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/FGYolB/TM