Keith,

> What's the accident rate per gallon for DIY/backyard operations? Or
> should we rather point at atrocities like Bhopal and Anniston and all
> the rest ad infinitum and conclude that their record is infinitely
> worse than ours and making chemicals is obviously not a job that can
> safely be left to chemical corporations? Nor are the oil corps much
> better.

Nothing like being dead center on the mark. Can't say that we've gassed
thousand in their sleep. Nor is it possible that we ever could. Shoot, we
haven't even melted a platform down to sea level (Steelhead, Cook Inlet),
much less run our reactor aground on a reef in Prince William Sound.

Todd Swearingen