On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 12:30  PM, skillshare wrote:

> I'd be interested to see what sort of soap production you get...
> In nicer oil like yours it's not a huge problem most likely, but
> comparatively (ie compared to drying the oil first)???

It does seem to be a little soapier (guess my yield is suffering,
since there's not much FFA. Not a problem, particularly since
I always do a glycerine remix with 15% added water (a la
UIdaho) anyway. By the time I get the glycerine layer out,
there's VERY little soap in the biodiesel.

> where are you getting ethanol from these days and
> how much is it  for both the drier stuff and this wet version?

I've still got a little of my original drum from Parallel Products,
plus some sugar hooch I made with Gerd Strand's TurboYeast,
plus recovered ethanol from last year's glycerine layers, plus
a bit of Aaper absolute that I water down (ironic).

The only affordable source was Parallel Products at $1.60
a gallon for fuel-grade (CDA 20, 200pf), and even that was
prohibitive when you count freight.  190 pf might be slightly
cheaper, but also way easier to do at home.     -K

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vhSowB/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/FGYolB/TM