One wood fuel that I could think of as being a fire hazzard up here in
NorCal is Manzanita(sp).  It grows like weeds and in a forest fire the
roots continue to burn.  It has no value as either a construction wood nor
is it a good wood for a wood stove as it burns too hot.

James Slayden

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511