This may be a bit off topic, but I have an inverter question:

I have a couple of APC SmartUps's (computer uninterruptible power
supply). I was wondering if the output of these can be linked in
parallel (assuming correct polarity and initially sync'ed to grid
frequency) to add additional capacity. The reason for this is that
they can be had relatively cheap compared to a Trace inverter.

My hope is to place them between my bio-diesel co-generator (heats
the house too) to 1) condition the power and 2) run the house on
batteries during low current demand periods.

I know Trace and some other solar inverters can by bridged together,
but how about a UPS? Anyone know if it can be done?

Thanks in advance!

Eric

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511