Hello.  I'm a newbie, so go easy.

We gathered our materials (WVO, Red Devil, methanol, old blender,
fish tank heater, measuring gear, etc.) and have mixed several test
batches, but it doesn't look right.

One liter WVO, 200 ml CH3OH, and varied the amount of lye (3.0 g, 4.0
g, 4.5 g, 5.5 g).  Mixed lye into CH3OH for 5 minutes, while WVO
preheated to ~110F, then added and ran heater/mixer at ~120F for 1
hour.  Poured into clear plastic jugs and allowed to settle overnight.

The batches range from 10% to 5% to none, of clear golden oil on top
of light brown jellied glob (90% to 99%)in the bottom.  Some have
white crusty island on top of the glob.

Where do we go from here?  I was thinking next test batch I'd try way
more lye... say 8.0 g.

Thanks,
Bill

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511